Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day!

Today we celebrated my first Father's Day! It was busy, as any Sunday is now, but I was able to break away from the church building by 1:45, a bit earlier than normal. Sam was again the hit of Sacrament meeting, sporting an awesome onesie with a tie. This was his gift for me!
Everyone loved the tie and his socks, he still gets a ton of attention from just about everyone in the ward. I just wish I could sit with him during Sacrament, but it can be fun to watch him from the stand (not so much for Laura, who gets to watch him on her own). The rest of the day I opened gifts and had a great dinner prepared by Laura, she is quite the cook (taking after her mom of course).
We have started putting him down for naps in his crib in preparation for getting him out of our bedroom and into his nursery. So far he has slept in his co-sleeper in our room. It was annoying at first to have a night light to deal with, but now we are both used to it. I am getting excited for the nights to be completely dark again, however.
Lately he is becoming more aware of his surroundings, which I guess is to be expected. He loves looking at the colors on this burp cloth, and he really loves the tree in the upstairs hallway. I think he would stare at it for hours if we let him.

He is also growing physically. I can't believe how big he is getting, and how quickly time seems to be moving. It is amazing to me to see the difference in just three months, but this is totally new to me.



1 comment:

Kirsten said...

oh my gosh! he is sooo cute! so much more of his character is showing. he has got some more baby fat ;) too. it's soo great!