In the American Heritage College Dictionary, the definition for love is a deep tender feeling of affection, and solicitude toward a person such as that arising from kinship of a sense of oneness. Knowing the literal definition is not enough for a person to fully understand the concept of love. The only way for someone to understand love is to have been in . . . LOVE. Everyone has their own meaning of love most likely, because of their own experiences.
These are the reasons Danno has given me to come to know the meaning of love...
*A sense of security...If anyone knows my Danno, they know how protective he can be for those he cares about. This holds true in a night we will never forget. One late night (2am) Dan received a call from me while he was on his way home from flying. I franticaly told him that there was a man at the door asking for money and wanted to know if my husband was home. Dan told me to call the police and he would be there a.s.a.p. Well, he was there, before the police made it and the police were closer. When Dan arrived the man at the door had already left, but Dan was determined to find him as he would have no one threaten me or Sam.
*Knowing me better than I may know myself...Just the other night I fell upon a web-site a friend shared with me. To my delight they were having a giveaway from one of my favorite stores the Shabby Appple, the prize being a dress I could not bare to go without... the
Jackie O'. All I had to do was enter what my favorite dress from the Shabby Apple was! Too easy, my answer: "I love everything at the Shabby Apple. From the Antiquated, to the Rosie the Riveter, 24k, Buttoned-Up, Tuxedo, and even the Nantucket. But they all pale in comparison to the Jackie O’. I can see myself now, wearing the dress with a set of pearls and my favorite pair of vintage pumps. Perfection!"
This is how well my husband knows me. Seeing that out of 415 comments I just might not win this beloved dress and would then be oh so crushed, before the winner was even announced he surprised me and purchased that beloved Jackie O' dress for Valentine's Day. Little did Shabby Apple know that there would be two winners! Oh, how I love my Danno~
*Always finds a way to put a smile on my face... After 10 years of marriage I have learned that nothing should surprise me at what Dan may do next to put a smile on others. While he was deployed he received so many cute packages from the young women of our ward and in one of these packages was a darling chic pink purse, obviously they knew Bro. Stromberg all too well. Dan wanting to thank them in his own "special" way and posed for them, holding it with pride. Kind of hard to do in front of other manly guys. That's my Dan though!
*Being the best Daddy ever...Since Sam has been in our life, a new meaning has been added to the definition of love. I have seen a part of Dan that I never want to part from our family. He has an incredible love for Sam and he will do anything and everything for that kid. It's always such a great sight to see the two together.

2 comments:
I am glad to hear that there are other truly happy couples out there.
YEAH!!! I picture of dan with the purse was the best part!!!! well I also love that Jackie O' dress, um I think we are more similar than I thought.
Post a Comment