Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Cry When Mommy Sings Too!

Absolutely hilarious. That is all I can say. Laura would crush me if she knew I was posting this, but I have to, it is my husbandly duty. The other day Sam wanted to get down the stairs. Normally he will come, but sometimes when he is tired or just being lazy he will ask for us to carry him down. So mommy said no to carrying him when he asked. But, she encouraged him, she would wait at the bottom of the stairs for him. Then she began singing one of her favorite songs as he crawled down the stairs. "I'll be there" by the Jackson 5. She loves the Jackson 5, and this song was more than appropriate. "I'll be there, I'll be there, just call my name, I'll be there... I'll be there, I'll be there, whenever you need me, I'll be there." As soon as she started singing he got this pouty look on his face, then he really started crying. So I ran to get the camera, and forced her to do it again. I don't think she thought I would have enough guts to post it. BTW, this may be my last post...

Video


Picture

I guess you could take this one of two ways; one-horrible noise to his ears or two-maybe this song brought back some very sad memory from long ago. Actually I think his mom has a great voice, especially when compared to my tone deaf singing attempts.

8 comments:

The Woods People said...

Bwa ha ha. A post from my own heart. If I had a dollar for everytime I've posted something that Shauna wanted to rip my face off for I'd have like 5 dollars! Good work Danno! I like the song though that was great freestylin.

Smith Family said...

You've got some mad singing skills there Laura! :-)
Mike hasn't gotten me yet on the blog, but I've embarrassed him quite a few times. It's ok that we can laugh with each other right? Thanks for the cute video and picture, he's just a handsome boy.

The Woods People said...

We just watched the video again and Cohen started crying!

The Addams Family said...

Scotty loved it, Laura. We've watched it like 4 times, and he keeps asking for more. When you want to sing, call us and Scott will listen to you actually appreciate it!

stephanie said...

I so empathize with you, Laura. You carry a tune better than I do even. If Mike posted me singing. . .oh boy. Good luck Dan. Love Sam's sweet face, though.

The Woods People said...

Where oh where have my Stromberg's gone??? If you guys are here in Vegas I will be angry!!!

Kirsten said...

oh dan I expect you got a whipping for this one ;)

The Woods People said...

Seriously Stromberg's I know moving in takes a while and all but 6 months without an update is not nice!!!! We need updates!!!!