Thursday, October 29, 2009

More Visiting While in Utah

This round of visiting Utah, since I had a little more time on my hands then others, I was able to visit with the family a lot as well as visiting with friends I had not been able to see for several years. During my days of working and creating memories at Party Land, I developed several friendships. A few of those friends were able to make it to a get together for some much needed catching up time. Ele and Jen are just as beautiful as ever and it was amazing to see where life has taken each of us. Two amazing mommies!
Sam is fortunate to have both of his grandmas in Utah. So when he comes for a visit, he has a lot of spoiling time provided by them! Grandma and Grandpa Stromberg love this kid and when we're at their house Sam gets his story time with Grandma every night. Special moments I want to capture, so he remembers how loved he is.
Something we always try to arrange is for Sam and I to get together for lunch with both grandmas. So this time we went to the Sandy Aquarium and then did lunch.
My brother Joel has a little girl Samantha that is a few weeks older than Sam and they also share a similar name. Something special for those two to share. We went for a BBQ at at the park with them while we were there. I think we had to bribe the two with cookies to get them out of the swings. Fun memories!
Finally, my parents discovered that I had not been to the Thanksgiving Park. So since the tulips were at peak, we ventured to the park for a stroll. Something I want to be remembered is how amazing my dad is with his grand kids. He is always right by their side discovering, exploring and playing with them. Every one of the 7 grandchildren LOVE their grandpa because of this genuine interest and love he shows them. I love that about my Dad!

My beautiful Mom and me with Sam!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Oh my goodness, Laura! We share a friend---Ele. She was in our ward, I served in Young Womens with her, her nephew was in our Trek family, we still exchange christmas cards, and I inherited all of her stamps, paper, inks, etc. when she moved. How fun to realize we both know her. I'll have to stop in to her store and mention your name.

I love how your Dad is with his grandkids, too.

The Woods People said...

Welcome back to the blogging world, our life was void without it! Now you have to work on getting the Norton's back!

Smith Family said...

Fun pictures! Those tulips and grounds are beautiful. Sam is a lucky boy to have such fun grandparents.

The State of Our Family said...

What a sweet post. You are smart to include the things about your family members that too often get forgotten or not noticed. You are an amazing woman, Laura and I'm glad to call you my friend!