Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ready, Set, Race...

Shortly after moving into the Las Flores Ward I was given two callings, Activity Day Girls and Cub Master. Being called as Cub Master shook me up a little, because I have never served in the Cub Scout program and so all I knew was from watching my Dad serve while all my brothers went through the program.
As my calling pregressed I was given some amazing leaders to work with and I quickly gained some confidence.
My first two pack meetings went well and then there was the Pinewood Derby. I was a little nervous with how it would all run, but once again with everyone's help it really went well.

I was also fortunate to live close to my amazing sister-in-law Jenny. I knew I needed to call upon her help, with her skills of party throwing. So together we really made this event look super special for the Cub Scouts.

"Pit Road" for car repairs
"Weigh in Point"'
"Raceway"
"Pit Stop Alley"
The Scouts did a great job on their cars and had some very clever designs.
The scouts were aching to devour the refreshments and refuel their bodies!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

You are amazing. The event looks wonderful. If I am ever in that calling I will be contacting you for ideas and help! Josh goes into cubs next year. Alyssa is doing a Father-Daughter pinewood derby for Activity Day girls next month. So that will be our first official car to be made in the family.

Derby Monkey said...

Congrats to you and Jenny for doing a super job decorating for the Pinewood Derby... it looks great. I realy like the cupcakes. Nice job!

The State of Our Family said...

Coolest Pine Car Derby I've ever seen! I had no doubt! You rock!

lisafarr211 said...

Wow, that is the prettiest pinewood durby I have ever seen!