Sunday, September 12, 2010

Last Trip of the Summer

We took one more trip out to Utah before the summer ended and Sam started school.
This is not the best picture, but it was so cute how Sam wanted to help Grandpa Stromberg with their dog Sadie and they were just having a nice little conversation outside before bed time.
Sam was determined that I took a picture of the COOL Batman Motorcycle toy grandma Stromberg bought for him.
Sam with his favorite Baby Cousin Mia, that he loves to "pet."
Some of my family went out for yogurt at Farr's Fresh and of course these three little boys could not stop being silly and loved every minute of each others company.
When Luke, Liam, Tristan and Sam got together this time the main play time was spent as "Super Heros."
Mom, Suzie and I ran an errand to Walmart and you can see that Sam and Tristan were all tuckered out from their hard playing. I was actually able to lift Sam's car seat right out of the car and straight into the cart, they slept the whole time!
A few events happened while I was in Utah this time that made me very glad to be there.

Stephanie Foulk, one of my very first young women from New Jersey was married and had her reception in Utah so I was able to attend that. It was like a reunion from Jersey there. Besides the Foulk Family we saw the Schonemans, Feuz and Nortons. I miss that ward and all the families a ton. Such great people.

Side note: Stephanie's mother-in-law is in the same ward as my brother-in-law's parent's in Illinois. My mom and dad took a trip out their with my sister and brother-in-law and met Stephanie's future mother-in-law, having no idea who she was and that she would see her soon in Utah at her son's wedding. CRAZY!
Uncle Tom giving Sam a bike ride, he LOVED it!
We took my parents to my Mom's favorite place to eat, Sizzler and here are some of the kiddos that drive her batty but they ADORE her!
The Willes Reunion. Ever since I was little they have held this reunion and for the last 13 years of marriage I have not been able to attend one. This time it worked out for me to be there at the same time it was held. Here are the last two of my grandmother's siblings left. I have to admit I got a little emotional seeing them. Here is a little saying that was made up to remember all her siblings names in order:
"Douglas" heard the "Echo" of the "Bell" just a "Hellen" through the "Castle" after "Dean" and "Paul."
Dean is on the right and Paul on left.
My mom with Aunt Sharon at the Willes Reunion.
I love my mom's family. They were so awesome to drive down from SLC to join my family for a birthday celebration.

No comments: