Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day fun!

The first Valentines Day for Sam. Not really a big deal when you think about it. I am still of the opinion Valentines was developed as a marketing ploy by a major flower and chocolate conglomerate to prey on the innocent. I am guilty. Did I buy chocolate for Laura? Yes. Flowers? Usually. But this time instead of dumping money into flowers that die, I got her a dress she wanted. Scored big for that one I believe. My friend at work was not so lucky, he spent $160 on flowers for his wife. Yes, he bought them Valentines morning, so that is what you get. Back to Sam. Something as simple as a box or paper would have made him happy. That of course would not work. G-ma Stromberg sent a delightful little book for him that started things off. Laura then put me in charge of buying Sam a small token for the day. I think I was 50% from the field (1 for 2) on that account. Here Sam surveys the loot.The "good" present was a set of foam letters and numbers. He thoroughly enjoyed them all day.
The "bad" present may have been a bit contrived. I figure, Nerf guns are fun. So what if it says 6+ on the box. I thought if Sam didn't want it now, he would surely want it later. AND, he would probably let me use it until he was ready for it. Watch out mommy!


Here Sam enjoys his letters. He also likes standing now, what a cute little guy (he is using the wall as a brace, but we'll take what we can get for now).The day started well with present opening, and it ended equally well. I raced home from work, changed, and off we went to Brio Tuscan Grill in Cherry Hill. Very good food, and surprisingly kid friendly. We then walked across the parking lot and picked up some cheescake from the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. We got home and put Sam to bed, then started watching a movie and devouring our cheesecake. I was then promptly called to the hospital to give a blessing to one of our friends, but obviously that is much more important than a movie. In the end, it was an awesome day, definitely good to be home with family at last.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

YEA valentines day fun....
Maybe sam will think it's funny when you shoot laura, or Laura shoots you.