Monday, March 17, 2008

The last 10 years of my life...

In my ongoing preparations for leaving military flying and getting on with my civilian career, I input all of my flying into a computerized logbook so it is neater, more organized, and easier to maintain. A great benefit to this is a visual depiction of the flights I have flown. So family, you always ask what I am up to, here it is. It all adds up to about 989,336 miles straight line distance/3400 hours. Of course, we rarely fly straight line, so I would add several thousand miles if I were to guess accurate distances. Don't mind the lines from Hawaii to Australia or Alaska to Japan, we really did not fly the long way around the world. This is just a limitation of the program. The rest, however, are legit.

My favorite. 95% of my time has been in the C-17, I will miss flying it full time (but I won't miss the deployments).

3 comments:

alysha said...

that's incredible Dan...

Kirsten said...

yea no more deployments!!!
that is fun to see all the red everywhere. I heard about you having this program and wondered what it looked like. now I know.

Casey :o) said...

So cool to see how much you've accomplished. Flying definitely isn't for me, but I'm glad that you and Dave have found your callings in life! :o) We are way excited for you in your new job! :o)