Sunday, December 7, 2008

Little A's Wedding in Utah

In November Dan, Sam and I flew to Utah for two weddings. Dan's Sister Susan was married and also my little Sister Ashley. Since my family did most of the preparation for Ashley's wedding I thought it would be good to journal all the work our efforts produced.



Ashley and Jordan's wedding had a country chic feel since Ashley has always had a love for it and Jordan was raised in an area of Illinois that was rural. Ashley asked me to help her come up with the decorations and for my mom and I to plan the food for the reception.





My mom, with the help of all her little chicks made all the food for the reception. Breads, spreads, ham & cheese rolls, veggie tray, mini cheese cakes, homemade caramel and fudge and a cider mixture. YUM!

Ashley's good friend designed the beautiful center pieces and all the flowers.
Since my talented Sister in law designs and sews clothes, Ashley asked her to sew all the little boy's ties. Cute! My other sister in law Kirsten and I found a seamstress on the Internet that was able to make matching flower girl dresses.
Ashley and Jordan had originally decided to be married and have their reception on Saturday the 22nd of November, but because of the BYU & U of U Football game they changed the reception to Friday night. This way they were still able to have good attendance while no one missed the game.

They were married in the Jordan River Temple. After the ceremony we were waiting for them to come out and Sam became slightly interested in the fountain. Dan helped him without allowing him to get too acquainted.
My brothers Tom and Andy being great artists/photographers took all of these pictures and shared them with us. Thanks you guys for capturing all of these fun memories.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

too cute. too bad lighting in cultural halls is stinky!

stephanie said...

I love all the pics clothes pinned to the lines. Also love the homemade fudge in jars. Sam looks so handsome in his suit. Glad all went well. It was good to see you at the shower.

amy said...

I just love your blog! I chose a favorite picture~not an easy task as all of your photos are wonderful! My favorite is the profile of you with Sam, on the left of a grouping in this post. SO PRECIOUS!!! I am glad that Dan got to be home for Christmas. Dave was in Kuwait last Christmas and so we, too, got to really appreciate having him here this year!

Amy Asay Keele said...

Oh my gosh, you Beans are so talented!! Seriously, I love that style--so unique and you guys made it cute and elegant. How fun!