Thursday, March 5, 2009

Our Mini Trip to Virginia

Every 5 years Dan is required to have altitude chamber training. This time it was held at Langley, Air Force Base in Virginia. Dan thought why not bring Sam and I along to make a fun trip out of it.
Me and Sam in front of the capital. For 5 years we have wanted to tour this, and finally we got out and did it. Here Sam was approached by a Capital Policeman and given a Junior Officer police badge for his coat. He loved it!
Dan and Sam in the new Visitor's Center in front of the statue of freedom.
Sam couldn't last the entire tour. As soon as we got to the rotunda he was knocked out. Our guide even laughed about it, saying "oh great, I am putting people to sleep."

The Air Force Memorial in Arlington, next to the National Cemetery. Dan wanted to go to this for obvious reasons.

1 comment:

The State of Our Family said...

Realllll coolll. You're in our backyard and don't even call. I see how it is.