Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Potato Heads and Potty Training

Who would have ever known that all it would take was Potato Heads to potty train this little guy. I read up on so many ways to potty train your toddlers and I was so nervous to attempt it with Sam, because he is a pretty hard headed kid. He knows what he wants and tries to stick with his plan. So after all my organizing, I was ready to try the 3 Day Potty Training method. It was okay, but just not the best for my Sam.
I had a lot of friends tell me that their kids worked well with candy. Well Sam would do anything for CHOCOLATE, but I couldn't do that method for him or the next thing we would be doing is Weight Watchers. A brilliant idea came to mind as I was watching his obsession with his Potato Heads. Why not buy him a bunch of Potato Heads and give it to him in pieces as he earns them each time he does his duty.
Their you have it. A happy boy with his Potato Heads and a happy mommy with a potty trained toddler!

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Great idea. Incentives do work. For Josie it was a couple chocolate chips for each time. I love the Potato Head idea though.